Saturday, March 21, 2009

www.youtube.com



I'm scared to go to YouTube.com because last weekend, I downloaded a virus that I think turned off my firewall, and despite how I try, can't turn it back on. So I am sketchy about going to MySpace or youtube or anywhere else for that matter. I have been to YouTube before however; and am surprised at how it seems that just recently people have started to praise the educational aspects of the site. I think it is a great tool to utilize in the classroom because kids easily identify with it. I did learn how to embed video, which is very exciting and incredibly easy! This is my little cousin Cassie's YouTube music video that she created to Katy Perry's Hot N Cold. It has had 29,458 views. She is 16 years old and created the whole video in one lazy afternoon (including editing, costume changes, and lip-sync sychronization). It certainly proves the technology that high school students are not only capable of, but able to utilize easily just for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment