Sunday, April 26, 2009

One Last Thing

As I blogged about in the discussion board, I loved this class. Learning 2.0 was much more than I would have expected out of this technology class. I can't believe we learned all of this new technology in such a relatively short time frame! My only regret is that, unfortunately because of time constraints, I would learn about each topic quickly but didn't have time to really explore and find ways to utilize it before having to move on. I'm hoping that 2.0 will still be available during summer and that I can come back and really take the time to develop some ideas for lesson plans that will correspond with the state curriculum. Wouldn't it be great to go into the school year with specific technology lesson plans already in place for each grade level? Hopefully, I will get the opportunity to accomplish this.
As far as Anne's class goes, I greatly appreciate learning about search engines and search engine strategies. I learned so much that I did not know about Google. The only drawback is that there were so many other search engines that I would like to have studied but of course, we couldn't get to them all. I also enjoyed the class on digital libraries as so many ideas for lessons came to me through that study. Although the wiki was frustrating at times, I still feel as though it was valuable to learn how to collaborate with each other from across the state and to have the knowledge of what it takes to create a wiki of our own. I'm actually quite proud of the one that Jullie, Brittany and I did on biographies. I feel as though we actually made a valid contribution to the ITLS site:)
Overall, I think that this class has greatly contributed to our study of technology and I will use so much of this information within my future career. Thanks Anne for a great class!

No comments:

Post a Comment