Thursday, April 23, 2009

Play- online image generators

Oh yeah. I remember this assignment! The title of this blog is exactly that- we got to play that week. Online text generators are so fun and there are so many to choose from. Now I know where people get all of the cute things that they post on their myspace and facebook pages. The only thing I had trouble with was finding the html code so that I could upload an image. I went to Name-Masher @ http://generatorblog.blogspot.com/2009/03/name-masher.html, which will take any two names and list the possible variations if you combined them. My favorite of mine and Dustin's name was Dustinie. I actually emailed it to all my pregnant friends that are still looking for baby names because some were really cute. Of course I had to search for the combo of every couple I knew first. Then I went to Letter James and tried to create words in the sand @ http://www.letterjames.com/start.php?mod=image-gallerybut couldn't figure out how as it wouldn't download to my computer. I think there was a subscription. After that, I tried to create a puzzle of me and Mogi @ http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/jigsaw.phpbut once again, couldn't find the html code to attach it here. I have been "playing" for the past two hours! (and could spend so much more time if I had it!)

Now, how to connect it to the library? I could certainly see using an image generator to advertise for your library, specifically using the @ your library logo we learned about in a previous reading. For actual instructional use though, I kind of come up blank. Hang on, let me think...Well to support technology and writing an assignment could be to have students create a comic strip with a comic strip generator or I did see one where you could enter a poem and it will generate into different shapes. That one might be fun to have students create and then hang up for display during a study of poetry. All in all though, a totally fun 2.0 this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment